This initiative was proposed by the Association of Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) of Turin, and has the full support of the Rector Major, Fr Ángel Fernández Artime. He invites all Salesians and members of the Salesian Family to participate with faith and devotion.
"As an association, we feel particularly committed to praying for priests, so we would like to request the intervention of Mary Immaculate Help of Christians for the prompt release of Fr Tom," said Mr Tullio Lucca and Fr Pierluigi Cameroni, President and Spiritual Animator of ADMA.
When people asked for some special grace Don Bosco used to say: “If you wish to obtain graces from the Blessed Virgin, make a novena” (MB IX, 289). This novena, according to him, had to take place if possible “in church, with lively faith” as an act of fervent homage to the Eucharist.
According to Don Bosco, for the novena to be efficacious, the dispositions of the soul should be as follows:
- Do not put your hope in human forces but have faith in God.
- The request should be made to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, fount of grace, kindness and blessing, and with trust in the power of Mary whom God wishes to be honoured on earth in this temple.
- Always add the intention “Thy will be done” and the condition “if it is for the good of the soul of the person being prayed for”.
Pray for nine consecutive days:
Three times: Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory Be… to the Holy Eucharist followed by the short prayer: “Blessed and praised every moment be the Most Holy and Divine Sacrament.”
Three times: Hail Holy Queen… followed by the short prayer:
Mary Help of Christians, pray for us.
Personal Conditions required:
1. Approach the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist.
2. Give an offering or do some work to support the apostolate, preferably on behalf of youth.
3. Renew your faith in Jesus in the Eucharist and devotion to Mary Help of Christians.